*Dreams that glitter... a blog with many little treasures.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Perth Record Stores Hunt


I decided to do a Perth Record Stores Hunt which I'll go to all the CD stores in Perth. I found those addresses from google, forums and the Yellow Pages.
 
I went to a few further ones first yesterday and got these CD singles as below. I couldn't find some of them so I asked a staff member at 78 Records [Murray St] for his help. He is such a nice and kind guy, we had great conversations and he told me that he worked at a record company before and he has a huge amount of CD collections at home... he even know about Viva Forever the individual cover set! He helped me by ticking off those records stores that are no longer exist which actually saved my time and saved me from making unnecessary trips.
 
Anyway, I feel sad that most of the record stores in Perth have closed down and only a handful of them are still operating as usual. I do acknowledge that it's a digital era now, but it's still kinda sad to see the stores are closing down one by one :(


 
Kylie "Wow" x7 and "2 Hearts", Take That "Patience" and Christina Aguilera "Hurt" are from Abbott's Music Centre [Fremantle Malls], just AUD1 each.
They are all Australian version, and apparently the "Wow" single has a unique cover which is different than the official retail releases in the EU (the cover is similar to its promo CD though). I bought them as they are cheap and the seller actually hiding them under the shelf, so I didn't think much and picked up all singles that I wanted :p
 
P/S: There are a couple of stocks for some other singles too, such as Justin Timberlake "My Love" and "SexyBack", Hilary Duff "Why Not" which one of them includes a free poster, Pussycat Dolls "Wait A Minute" and "Buttons", and Christina Aguilera "Ain't No Other Man", Keith Urban "Once In A Lifetime" etc. For those who're interested, go check them out :)
 
No Doubt "Don't Speak" is from Dada Records [Pier St], and oh my I forgot how much did I pay, I think it's between AUD1.50 to AUD2.95. It's EU release.
 
Emma "Maybe" is from Replay Records [Kenwick] for AUD4. It's Australian version as well, with a unique cover.
 
Peace!

0 comments: