*Dreams that glitter... a blog with many little treasures.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rainforest World Music Festival 2009

This is gonna be my (brief) feature story of Rainforest World Music Festival 2009.


We depart from Pentagon M-Guardians around 10pm using bus to Kuching (7 July 09). It's funny that 9 canine (dogs) is in the same bus with us. They're 'staying' behind the bus with their masters.

We arrived at Santobong Resort around noon time. We gathered at the main lobby and collect our name tag before heading to our room - I'm in the same room with Raymond, Kah Wai and Kelvin.


Basically we're free on the first day, but too bad we don't have any transportation to go Kuching (it's around 45 mins to 1 hour drive from the resort to the town). So we went around the resort including the beach which connected to the goft club.


We've around 56 "MGk9 Security" volunteers from different location [Miri, Sabah, West Malaysia and Philippines].



Next day, we went to Cultural Village to familiarize the location, and also a briefing on our tasks. After that we're free!


Below are some exclusive schedule/notes for staff and performers.





1st day job / night shift (5pm-1.30am): Point A (in front of X) - Basically is to check and make sure there's a ticket-tag on every participant's wrist, so that they're "legal" to be in this event. Besides that is to guide and direct participants to correct location.

P/S: This is one of the most boring task location ever. Nothing much to do, and the worse: raining time. Suffered under the rain and hard to keep track on everything. But it's "RAINforest" anyway, made it into a good experience and nice impression for this event!



2nd day job / night shift (5pm-1.30am): Main entrance - to guide and make sure no one bring outside food and drinks into the Cultural Village. Besides, I'd helped to distribute protection mask to participants, but seems like not everyone is wearing it anyway (I don't like to wear mask too, it's so hot, uncomfortable and hard to breath).
3rd day job / morning shift (9am-5pm): Vendor area - checkpoint for all ventor's vehicle. Only vehicles with RWMF09 car sticker is allowed to enter that area.
P/S: This task is quite free and easy. So Allan and I chat and talks a lot, we're kinda happy and enjoy to be in this location~ Besides, I felt much more comfortable and refreshed when I didn't wear contact lenses - Yep, my eyes are so tired and suffered due to contact lenses in the past 2 days.
night shift (5pm-1.30am): Main entrance - from the same location as yesterday and disributed protection masks, then assigned to block people coming into the event from exit, then switched to Scanner.
P/S: I've so much fun doing the 'scanning' part. I hold a scanner and scanned through every participant's pockets before they're able to enter the event. It's kinda cool when the detection signal rangs, and that's when I requested them to take out their stuffs from pockets to check.

Third working day is the happiest day of the whole trip (besides morning which been criticized by someone during breakfast). Although it's tired, but ended up being very glad and excited. We arrived at resort around 2am, and attended RWMF09 appreciation dinner (or supper) in a very nice designed ballroom.

The same day (13rd July), after breakfast around 9am, we departed from Santubong Resort and heading back to Miri. We arrived at MGK9 head quarter around 12.30am (14th July). Thanks Elaine and her parents for brought me and Jun to supper, and sent me and Jun back home.
Overall I'm satisfied with the whole 7-days trip. I'd learnt 'bout internal info, security tasks, RWMF09 event, saw many people from various countries, friendship among us, met few adult-people that dislike me (I guess), foods and Santubong Resort.
But anyway, this is one of the best moments and experiences I've ever got in my life, and what's more, I got my first salary in my whole life! =)
Too bad I didn't managed to go Kuching town, so hopefully I'm able to visit Kuching again in the future.

---------------------------------
Special Things:

Taser (Self-Protection tool)

KennySia's Coke + "Security"

White Dragon King (not sure the actual word).
Photo taken from Batu Niah Food Court Centre

******

Checkout my facebook for more photos!

And feel free to visit MGK9 website: http://www.mgk9.com/ACT_12th_rainforest_world_music_festival.htm

0 comments: