*Dreams that glitter... a blog with many little treasures.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

CV! Traditional Dance Performance 2007

One of my very first performances in Curtin Sarawak.
And it was the grand opening for Curtin Open Day 2007 [9.9.2007].
I miss the rehearsal days, and miss all the dancers!! Sweet memory~
A brief story of how I (we) got involved in the performance:
I (we) attended to Dance sessions organized by Curtin Volunteers!. Then they recruited volunteers who wish and are willing to perform on Curtin Open Day 2007. The initial plan, our dance, was one of the 'middle' performances for the day. We practiced over and over again to make it as perfect as we can (some of us even came out with a mosquito dance because we're trapped by thousands of mosquitoes at LT foyer and even Multi Purpose Hall).

After we practiced and rehearsed for few weeks, then we were told that we'll be the grand opening for they day! That news made me and everyone's day.

However, to tell the truth, I was extremely nervous on the actual performance. I was shaking on stage, eventhough I'm facing a little amount of audience, until my last routine and we received warm cheers and supports. We were hugging and cheering to each other once we got back to backstage. That day, my first semester and first performance, became one of my best days in Curtin Miri. :D

Click photo to enlarge and save it if you want!

Check out my YouTube account for the actual Performance & related videos: http://youtube.com/gerain29

0 comments: